Sunday, May 19, 2013

Hi Again!

It's been a crazy few months, to say the least! 

In Febuary I was diagnosed with hypo-thyroid

In March found out I was deficient in Vitamin-D

In April I was diagnosed with PCOS

Now in May found out I'm low in progesterone hormone.

It's been one thing after another! I'm hoping and praying that's the end of everything that's wrong. Little tmi but I've been bleeding for about a month now so if the progesterone they put me on doesn't stop it within the next week I've got to go in and have more test done...ugh

Anyways with dealing with all of these I did hit my highest weight again. Which was not only fustrating that I saw that ugly number again, but that I was eating 1300-1500 calories a day and was still gaining like crazy. 

Thankfully with all the meds. I've been put on I'm starting to feel a bit better. The past two months I've been able to mostly maintain my weight with maybe a pound lost here or there.

A few weeks ago after doing some research on the thyroid and PCOS I decided to try and go gluten free. It's been difficult, and I have slipped a couple of times but I'm trying to get use to it! 

With going Gluten Free and the combination of meds. I have now been able to lose 21.2 pounds! Which makes me incredibly happy since I know with the thyroid and PCOS problems it can be very difficult to lose weight. 

I'm hoping to be able to get more exercise in, since its still been difficult for me to get some in. 

My first main goal is to get back into the overweight BMI which is in about 27 pounds. I'm hoping to be there by my sons first birthday in July but alot of it will depend on how my body reacts and me keeping up the dieting and more exercise.

I will hopefully be posting here alot more now that I'm getting back into the swing of things. Thanks for all those who actually still follow me!