Friday, November 18, 2011

Going into Maintenance

So for about the next 9 months I will be in maintenance mode:) I found out last night I am Pregnant! Which explains alot about the tiredness and having no energy and feeling like crap. I am way excited about it though, yeah it would have been nice to hit my goal before this happened but I'll just have to work my hardest to not gain to 40ish pounds I gained during my last pregnancy and be alot more active during this one. I think that way it'll be easier to get back into losing weight after wards alot easier!! I will still update though:) From what I've been told you need an additional 300 calories a day for pregnancy, until about 6 months and then your suppose to add 100 calories every month after that. So for right now I'll only be eating around what I would be if I was trying to maintain. As far as exercise the doctor said I can do anything I was doing before just not alot of heavy lifting. I plan on using my treadmill alot, and on days I have energy doing the low impact versions of my dvds. I did 30 day Shred 2 days ago and I'm still so sore, of course I was going full blast during it but I know now I shouldn't to it like that again for awhile! We haven't announced it to all of our family/friends because we want to wait till I'm alittle further along until we do, but knowing its mostly people from MFP that read this I knew it would be ok to post it here! Just remember if your my friend on facebook...shhhh! I'll be due sometime in the middle of July:) so here's to the next few month of staying healthy while being pregnant and not giving in to all my cravings!!