Friday, April 6, 2012

Update...

Since I was so down about gaining weight right now I decided to look online a bit to see if I could find something that would help me know just how much to really expect to gain and such. I thankfully ran across a diagram showing how much all the extra stuff I'm carrying weighs. Since I can't get the diagram to load here I'm just going to list it.
Blood: 2.5-3.5 pounds
Uterus: 2-2.5 pounds
Amniotic Fluid: 1.5-2 pounds
Placenta: 1-2 pounds
Fluid: 3-6 pounds
Breast: 1.5-2 pounds
Baby: 7-8.5 pounds
Maternal Fat: 6.5-9 pounds
Total: 25- 35.5 pounds
After reading this I felt alot better! I have alittle over 3 months left of being pregnant, and its the part of the pregnancy where the weight starts pilling on!! The site I found this on also said I should only gain about a pound a week which if I'm able to do that I should only have gained alittle over 25 pounds by the time I have the baby!! I'm so hoping that's all I'll gain! Anything less than the 40-45 I gained last pregnancy will be better though. I just hate seeing the number on the scale, which has been why I haven't weighed much lately. I think if I do once a week it'll help me stay on track though so I'm going to do that from now on. I have to be admit though, when I saw the chart and saw "Breast: 1.5-2 pounds" I laughed because I have gained so much there!! I have had to buy a new bra every month! I started at a 32DD, went to a 34D then 36D, yesterday I got my 36DD and the girls are still poking out the sides and top of it!! So on to the next up a DDD which I honestly never ever thought I would see! But I'm sure once I start losing the weight they will go back down to what they were before lol. Something that has made me feel ok is that my maternity pants still fit. Yeah they do have an elasticy waistband thing but they are kinda baggy in the thigh and butt area still:) They are a size 12 but I'm stil happy they fit and that I haven't had to go upto the next size. Anyways this is kinda just my thoughts the past few days, and me trying to be okay with gaining! I just need to make sure I'm exercising and watching what I eat and the rest is just upto my body what it does. I will work just as hard as before if not harder to get back down to where I was if not to lose more than that!! I just can't wait to get back at it, but I want my baby to stay in me until he is healthy and ready to come:) The doctor seemed fine with my weight gain thus far so I should be too. And also on a happy note no gestational  diabetes for this girl YAY!!