Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Needless Suffering

''Never take anything personally. Nothing others do is ever because of you. What others say and do is a projection of their own reality. When you are immune to the opinions and actions of others, you won't be the victim of needless suffering.''

I haven't talked much about my self-esteem issues, if that's what you can call it. I've always been pretty happy with myself in at least some way or another but I always have ways I'm not happy with myself too. Mostly because I compare myself to others, take what others say to personally, or care to much of what people think. Well that's STOPPING today!! And man does it feel good:) This mostly came from talking to a friend about high school and it reminded me of how much I use to care about what people where going to think of me for how I looked or what I was wearing, and how now I don't even have contact with more than half of those people, and don't even remember alot of the kids I graduated with lol....so all that worrying I did was for nothing! I find myself now doing some of those samethings and finally realized theres no point to it!! I stress way to much over what others think of me when in all honesty alot of them probably don't think the way I think they do. And I'm to the point where if they do think negatively of me that's their problem!! I'm not going to worry and stress over it anymore. I need to focus on what makes me happy and what I feel comfortable with! Which I'm starting to get more and more happy with myself everyday. I'm happy with the decision I made a little over 9 months ago to start getting healthier and that I've mostly stuck to it for this long. Yeah I'm still not quite comfortable with what I see in the mirror but I'm getting closer, and its a whole lot better than what I saw 9 months ago. This re-start has really helped me realize that I just need to focus on what I think of myself, and not to get carried away with others. And I'm happy to report the re-start has been going pretty well so far. I need to still cut back on somethings and get better workouts in but I know eventually I'll be back at it all the way:)