Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Making the Food Diary Public

So I never, ever, ever thought I would make my food on MFP (myfitnesspal) public, but today I said what the heck and did it!

Now I really haven't talked about my diet all to much but here it goes. Back in January I got on my scale and was at the heaviest I had been, I was very depressed about it and not happy at all. I went to the doctor for a check up to make sure everything was actually ok with me and that I didn't have something wrong. Sure enough there wasn't I had just been lazy. Well my doctor put me on Phentremine. Yes I know a "easy way out." But here's the thing, I honestly believe that the reason why the diet pills, and fad diet things don't work for people is because they don't use them the right way. People often will take these types of things and not change their eating or exercise habits, so they may lose but later gain it all back if not more. However, I believe if you use these things and actually change your nasty habits they can work. Why I believe this is because yes I was on Phentremine for a few months, but I'm going on month number 2 with out it and have still been able to lose weight without it. Now you all can think what you want, I don't really care this is just my opinion on it.

Now a little info about Phentremine, it boost your metabolism and suppresses your appetite. So the months I was on it I didn't eat very much. I wasn't hungry and when I'm not hungry I'm not going to force myself to eat. As someone who would eat everything in sight a few months ago I haven't thought that was a good way to go about it. When I'm hungry I eat, to some it may not seem like much but for me it feels me up. I don't eat my exercise calories back either. Now as for the month all most 2 I've been off the pill, as I have mentioned I have a little boy that's teething and a husband that works 12 hour graveyard shifts 3-4 days a week. Thus, my sleeping schedule can be all over the place! Since the beginning of April to just this past Saturday I was sleeping alot during the day, so I was confused as to how I should log my food and sometimes would even log it. This week has been lots better where sleeping is concerned and especially on being close on calories:)

I also believe on cheat meals and to not deprive myself of things. You can see in my diary there are days where I eat candy bars and sweets, but this is whats different for me. The past times I've "dieted" I never ate candy the whole time, but as soon as I got comfortable I stuffed my face with junk. This time I've had the train of thought its better to have things during the whole process and make it so my body is kinda use to it and I also feel satisfied! And to me its worked I've lost almost 60 pounds and have been able to eat chocolate and things I love like pizza but I do it on the days I know I have the calories to do it- or in other words MODERATION! I am still working on getting my sugar levels down. That has been my biggest battle but I know I can do it.

The reason I kinda decided to open my food diary was I figured it would make me be more accountable for what I eat. Knowing that everyone can see what I eat everyday makes me want to eat better and try and get everything in check. I'm excited over that.

However, I was worried others would judge and start preaching about not hitting 1200 calories a day or not eating enough. Well I've had a few messages from people with those types of things. My doctor is fine with what I'm doing, I've talked to him over it and he doesn't see anything wrong with it. So until you can show me a medical license I'm going to keep doing what he tells me too and what has been working for me.

I love MFP and everyone I've met! In no way am I trying to say I don't agree with what Mfp sets and what it tells you to do. I've been eating what my doctor had set for me since before I found Mfp. If I had found Mfp first I'd probably be sticking right along with what it tells me. It has been an awesome tool for me and I honestly don't think I could have gotten this far with out it. I love love love MFP!! I hope that this doesn't affect how anyone thinks about me or offends anyone. You have all been so great to me and I so appreciate your friendship and support. This may come off as a bit of a rant and it kind of is, but I wanted to stick up for myself and way my diary looks like it does and why I feel the way I do about the things I've done thus far.