Monday, June 13, 2011

Doctor's Appointment!

So as alot of you know back in January when I started "Dieting" my doctor had put me on phentremine (a pill to boost metabolism and suppress appetite). I was on it for 3 months, but even after being on it I still go in to check-in. My doctor has wanted to help me get to my goal and make sure I stay motivated to keep with it. I haven't been to the doctor since April but today I went back in. I was nervous because I really haven't lost much in the past month but I had lost about 15 since I was there last. She was happy with that and she just talked to me about a few things. Some of you had said how you wanted to know if she gave me any advice about losing weight or breaking a platue. She really didn't give me to much advise but did give me a pamphlet they had in the office about weight loss and explained things in it to me.


In the pamphlet there is a graph of healthy portion sizes for common foods, I can't find it online and my scanner is being stupid so I'll just have to type it out.

Cooked Rice, Pasta, or Potato = Tennis Ball

Meat = Deck of Cards

Cheese = Pair of Dice

Peanut Butter = Ping Pong Ball

Fruits & Vegetables = Baseball


Then some other things it had in it I found helpful were:

* Vary your activities: very basic and I've been told over and over again to not just do the same exercise and to try different things.

*Break Workouts into 3 10 to 20 minute blocks through out the day. My doctor said this has been something she has had success with when she had been dieting. She would still do one longer workout of 45 to 60 minutes but she'd also do two 10 to 20 minute ones through out the day.


So this is my plan for the next week at least is to Stick to Turbo Fire. Each day you do 2 different workouts and there is usually one that is longer than the other so I figure if I do one of those in the morning, and one in the afternoon and then either go for a walk, the elliptical, or bike ride. That should be plenty of varying exercises and they would happen at different times in the day so its not just all at once! I'm hoping this will break this platue!!


I also had a couple of NSV's today!! NSV= Non Scale Victory

*my blood pressure was 114/77 :)

*When I went tanning I saw a girl who had been a cheerleader in high school and she looked at me and said, "Wow, your looking skinny girl!!" That kinda made my day lol.

*This was yesterday but I did 400 crunches is 8 minutes!!


Anyways I hope that someone else finds some of this information useful:) And I apologize because I haven't been able to take a picture yet, it seems like this weekend went by very fast and I was really busy.