Monday, July 29, 2013

NSV Of The Week

So I haven't weighed myself for about a week now. I hated seeing either go up or stay the same so for now I'm not using the scale.

I do measure though, we'll at least around my belly. And I again have lost inches!!

My NSV for this week though is that I was able to get back into my size 14 jeans!! After having my baby last year I wore a 14 until Oct/Nov and then I went into a 16 and wouldn't let myself go any higher. I was so excited I was able to just pull the 14's back on this past week! 



As far as everything else goes, I've been trying to find my happy medium. With how my body is I need to figure out how much I can actually eat without gaining weight. Once I do that then I'm going to add in more exercise and see if I do ok with eating that amount and exercising more often. I feel like I've had to wipe out everything that I'm use to doing to lose weight, because it simply won't work for me anymore. It's been hard trying to forget that mindset and try to completely establish a new one that I have to make up on my own. 

I read a comment from a girl the other day about what her doctor told her about the Leptin resistance,"You could go anorexic, starve yourself completely, and you would still be overweight! Because your brain thinks your skinny, it doesn't understand there is fat on your body to burn. The trouble with this is that you can lose weight if you exercise a lot, but it will be hard to do so because anything you put into your body your brain uses to make everything else function. So if you exercise a lot your going to feel exhausted, if you can get use to that and keep going then you will lose weight, if not you'll either maintain your weight or gain."
I felt like that better explains what exactly is going on with me. It's so hard to understand it! I know I'm overweight, I see it in the mirror, I get it, how can my brain the thing that makes me understand I'm overweight not recognize, in the parts that control how my body functions and works, that I am overweight? It's so complex to me! 

There are my rumblings for now. I'm hoping the inches will hopefully keep coming off this next week!