Thursday, March 17, 2011

The War!!

By:CelticWarrior on MFP~ has lost 117lbs. to date
What I have learned so far about losing weight and being successful. You have to prepare, you will be fighting on three fronts. You will be fighting your body to do something it doesn't wanna do, you will be fighting your cravings for junk, greasy and fast foods and you will be fighting a mental battle that will keep your mind from registering the progress.

So it does become hard to win this war but it is not impossible, like any war you must prepare yourself to go all in. Best thing I can tell you is if you tried diets in the past and it hasn't worked, use it as preparation for the war ! no matter how many times you failed,use it. You then know what your going into and can be better prepared. ( more prepared than I was, lol )

Your body is gonna give you hell to exercise, it is gonna fight you the whole way and not wanna do anything in the form of exercise you put it through, push through it, in a months time your body will adapt to the change and enjoy it!

Mentally your gonna look in the mirror and not see change, to combat that, get a measuring tape and measure body parts every month and then you can see how your body is really changing. Don't rely on your eyes because your mind plays tricks on you.

MFP should be your weapon of choice as well!

The better prepared you are the better chance you have of succeeding, body builders prepare for weeks to start training for competition.

These are things that seem useful to me and I hope they will be useful to you.
I absolutely loved this!! It is so true and is something I believe everyone needs to hear, especially those who are struggling! I wanted to post this so that when I have my bad days and weeks, I can look at this and remember to keep pushing on and be able to WIN THE WAR!!
P.S.~ The scale said I lost 2.2 pounds yesterday morning!
Haven't weighed today though, only need .8 to be to the doctor's high estimate!! WOO!!