Wednesday, March 2, 2011

First experiences with the Shred

WOW!! I have gotten through 2 days only 28 to go! Yesterday when I was done yes I was tired and sweaty, but was on cloud 9 that I was able to get through it. I didn't think it was as difficult as people had made it out to be. Then the soreness hit! About 3 hours after, and it was even worse this morning. I got my courage back up to do it again. During the warm-up you do jumping jacks, which killed me yesterday and today I was able to get through them without any problem. I started thinking this might be easier than yesterday. Boy was I wrong. As soon as I picked up my hand weights I started to die. Every sore spot I had hurt and it was so hard to lift the weights. Plus, I started getting horribly thirsty. My husband watched it as I did it, and couldn't believe didn't get a break during it. He called Jillean the devil, and said she was trying to kill people. I thought I was dying, but found myself defending her, and saying how she was just trying to get people healthy! Couldn't believe I said that. Two months ago I would have been thinking like my husband, and wouldn't have even attempted this. Now I pushing through it and actually wanting to do it. I'm hoping the soreness will subside soon. I'm hoping to switch levels every 10 days like it recommends. I want to do all the exercises at the advanced level before moving on, right now I can only do a few.
On another note, I'm going to experiment alittle. I'm going to try to eat as many grams of protein as I do carbs while still not going over my calories. My mom swears by it, so I'm hoping it'll work for me. I got some Whey Protein tonight, but am nervous to do it. I've heard mixed things on it, and am just hoping it'll work the way I want it too. I'm hoping and praying this doesn't back fire on me and make me gain weight. I'm going to give it a week and see how it goes.
Also, I got my HRM yesterday. And I'm in love with it. I love know exactly how many calories I'm burning and to see what my heart rate is doing at certain times. I didn't realize it came with a chest strap, but am so happy it did! It isn't uncomfortable at all, and I know for sure what my body is doing. With the Shred it said I've burned 475cals. yesterday and 400cals. today, alot of people with HRM's have been under 200cals. and when I saw that before getting mine, now having it and knowing I'm burning more is awesome!! I'm sure as it gets easier I won't burn as many. I'm looking forward to the day where it will be easy to do.